Deportation Lawyer in Phoenix
Serving the Phoenix Area with Dedicated Advocacy in Immigration Matters
Imagine spending months or years making a home in the U.S., then being forcibly removed and sent back to your country of origin. This is what hundreds of thousands of people endure every year. Deportation is a very common occurrence in the United States, and has impacted millions of families.
If you or someone you love is in danger of being deported or detained, consider hiring the services of Kanu & Associates, P.C. Our Phoenix immigration attorney has been fighting to keep families together for more than 20 years.
What are Reasons for Deportation?
Deportation is the formal removal of a foreign individual from one country to that individual's country of origin.
Below are the most common reasons for deportation:
- Immigration Violation: Many people are deported for violating United States immigration laws in some capacity. Some people enter the country illegally, some falsify their documentation, and others allow their visas to expire.
- Criminal Conviction: If an individual enters the U.S. legally, he may still be deported if he is convicted of a serious crime within five years of admission. If the individual's crime is punishable by more than one year in jail, he will likely be deported.
Understanding the Deportation Process
The deportation process begins with an arrest. The Executive Office for Immigration Review is responsible for ensuring that the arrested individual receives a fair removal hearing, during which a judge examines the individual's documentation, alleged crimes, and other information. An individual facing deportation may choose to have an immigration lawyer present.
What Rights Do I Have If I'm Facing Deportation?
If you receive a Notice to Appear, you still have rights as an immigrant:
- You have the right to receive a fair deportation hearing, where you may challenge the deportation order unless you choose to have a “voluntary departure” or waive your right to a hearing via the “Stipulated Removal Order”.
- You have the right to obtain an attorney. Unfortunately, the U.S. government will not provide one for you. You may request time to find an attorney.
- You have the right to present evidence that challenges the removal order.
- If the immigration court’s final decision is to deport you, you may appeal it.
If you or a loved one received a Notice to Appear and you are facing deportation, do not hesitate to reach out to a Phoenix deportation attorney at Kanu & Associates, P. C. as soon as possible. The sooner we can know about your case, the sooner we can get started on building a solid defense strategy to fight the removal. We are available 24/7 and our attorneys are backed by more than 20 years of experience in immigration law. Our services are also available in Spanish! Reach out to schedule an appointment with a skilled deportation lawyer in Phoenix today.
Ways to Halt Deportation
There are several ways in which an individual may gain relief from deportation.
A skilled immigration lawyer may successfully argue for one of the following:
- Adjustment of Status: If you are the parent, child, spouse, or widow of a U.S. citizen, you may argue for an adjustment of status. If successful, you will become a lawful permanent resident.
- Defensive Asylum: If you have a legitimate fear of returning to your country of origin, you may be granted asylum. People are often granted asylum if they fear persecution based on their religious beliefs, political ideas, or race. Immigration judges hear defensive asylum cases in adversarial (courtroom-like) proceedings. The judge determines whether the applicant will be granted asylum, whether the applicant is eligible for other forms of relief from removal or whether the applicant should be removed from the country.
- Cancellation of Removal: A cancellation of removal may be granted if you have continuously lived in the U.S. for 10 years without being convicted of a crime. A lawful permanent resident may be granted cancellation of removal if he or she has lived in the U.S. for at least seven years.
- U Visa: This visa is used by victims of violent crimes. Intended to prevent criminals from targeting undocumented immigrants, this type of visa can not only halt deportation but may eventually result in a green card for the applicant.
Why Choose Kanu & Associates for Your Deportation Defense?
When it comes to protecting your future and fighting against deportation, it is crucial to have an experienced and dedicated deportation defense attorney by your side. At Kanu & Associates, P.C., we have a proven track record of success in helping individuals facing deportation in Phoenix, AZ.
Here's why you should choose us:
- Extensive knowledge and experience: Our team of immigration attorneys specializes in deportation defense. We have a deep understanding of the complex immigration laws and regulations, allowing us to develop effective strategies tailored to your unique case.
- Personalized attention: We believe in providing personalized attention to each client. We will take the time to listen to your concerns, understand your situation, and craft a strong defense strategy that aligns with your goals.
- Strong advocacy: Our deportation defense attorneys are known for their strong advocacy skills. We will vigorously fight for your rights, challenge any violations of due process, and present compelling arguments to halt your deportation.
- Comprehensive legal guidance: Navigating the deportation process can be overwhelming. We will guide you through every step, explaining your rights, options, and potential outcomes. Our goal is to empower you with the knowledge and confidence to make informed decisions.
- Proactive approach: Time is of the essence in deportation cases. We will act swiftly to gather evidence, interview witnesses, and build a robust defense strategy. Our proactive approach aims to increase your chances of a favorable outcome.
Don't face deportation alone. Contact Kanu & Associates, P.C. today to schedule a consultation with our experienced deportation defense attorneys. We are here to protect your rights, defend your case, and help you secure a brighter future in the United States.
Call Today for an Insider's Perspective
We know that facing the reality of deportation or the removal of a dear family member can be one of the most emotional, frightening, and stressful events in your life. We take the necessary time and effort to make certain you are completely aware of your rights at this time.
For our Phoenix immigration lawyer, your confidence and trust matters most to us. Each member of our firm works hard to make your dream of becoming a citizen a reality. We have the resources to assist you throughout this process.
If you are concerned about an impending investigation or if your loved one has been detained for removal, then do not wait any longer. Please contact our firm at (602) 353-7795 immediately. Se habla Español.