Cancellation of Removal Cases in Phoenix
Get Experienced Legal Help from the Immigrants’ Lawyer
If you have been living in the United States for a long period of time without any immigration status or have entered the country without inspection, there is a way for you to stay without fear of deportation or removal. However, the requirements for cancellation of removal are immensely difficult to meet, which is why it is imperative to obtain the qualified legal services of a skilled and reliable immigration attorney.
At Kanu & Associates, P.C., we are committed to helping non-permanent residents in Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding areas pursue the relief they desire. With more than 20 years of experience, the immigrants’ lawyer has a thorough understanding of U.S. immigration laws to help you navigate through the possible complexities of your case.
Eligibility Requirements for Non-Permanent Residents in Arizona
Cancellation of removal is a form of relief from deportation or removal, meaning that you can only apply for this if you have a deportation or removal case pending before an immigration judge. However, if you do not have a court appearance date, you cannot apply for cancellation of removal.
In addition, if you have already appeared in court and your case is now closed due to a final order of deportation or removal from an immigration judge, you cannot apply for cancellation of removal unless you could convince the court to grant a motion to reopen your case.
The following are the eligibility requirements for cancellation of removal:
- 10 years in the U.S. – You have been physically and continuously present in the country for at least ten years. The 10-year period is measured from the entry date until the date the Department of Homeland Security issues a Notice to Appear in immigration court. A single absence of 90 days, or several absences that total 180 days, will disrupt the continuous physical presence required for cancellation of removal.
- No convictions that deem a person as deportable or inadmissible – If you have been convicted of specific criminal offenses, you will not be eligible for cancellation of removal.
- Good moral character – During that 10-year period, you have been a person of good moral character.
- Exceptional and extremely unusual hardship – Your deportation would cause you, your spouse, your child, or your parent to suffer hardship that would be significantly worse than the hardship normally expected from a deportation to an underdeveloped country.
Protect Your Rights with a Skilled Immigration Attorney
When dealing with immigration matters, it is crucial to have a knowledgeable and experienced attorney by your side. At Kanu & Associates, P.C., our team of skilled immigration lawyers is dedicated to protecting the rights of individuals in Phoenix, AZ. Whether you are facing deportation, seeking a visa, or need assistance with any other immigration issue, we are here to provide you with the legal help you need.
Why choose our immigration law firm?
- Extensive experience: Our attorneys have years of experience handling a wide range of immigration cases, including cancellation of removal cases, visa applications, and more.
- Personalized approach: We understand that every immigration case is unique, and we take the time to listen to your specific needs and develop a tailored legal strategy.
- Strong advocacy: We are passionate about fighting for the rights of immigrants and will tirelessly advocate for you throughout the entire legal process.
- Up-to-date knowledge: Immigration laws are constantly changing, and our attorneys stay updated on the latest developments to ensure you receive accurate and reliable legal advice.
- Compassionate support: We understand the challenges and uncertainties that come with immigration issues, and we provide compassionate support to guide you through every step of your case.
Don't navigate the complex immigration system alone. Contact Kanu & Associates, P.C. today to schedule a consultation with a skilled immigration attorney who will fight for your rights and help you achieve your immigration goals.
Let Us Help You Remain in the United States Today!
The immigrants’ attorney at Kanu & Associates understands what it takes to obtain the outcome you desire. If you have an upcoming hearing in court before an immigration judge and you don’t have a green card or permanent resident status, cancellation of removal may protect you from deportation.
Contact our firm and request a case evaluation today.