E-2 Visas for Treaty Investors

Enter the Country for Treaty-Related Investment

Are you looking to invest in a company in the United States as a national of a foreign country? You might be able to qualify for an E-2 visa for treaty investors if you are from a country with a current standing treaty with the U.S. 

Navigating the immigration processes related to an E-2 visa can get tricky, though. It is better to prepare yourself and your immigration case with the help of an experienced immigration lawyer. At Kanu & Associates, P.C., you can work with Phoenix E-2 Visa Attorney Solomon Kanu, who is a first-generation immigrant himself. Use his firsthand insight to understand your E-2 visa case better, and to gain confidence that you will soon be able to enter the country as a treaty investor.

Begin your case by arranging a consultation with Kanu & Associates, P. C. at (602) 353-7795. Se habla español.

Purpose & Requirements of E-2 Visas

If you receive an E-2 visa, you can enter the United States and remain as long as you are working on an investment that you manage. You cannot be a minor investor in a business or project, though. The investment you make has to be significant enough to make a major impact on the company’s operation and future.

Eligibility requirements for a Treaty Investor (E-2) visa include:

  • Investor needs to be a national of treaty country
  • Investment must be substantial and sufficient to ensure successful operation of the enterprise. The percentage of investment for a low-cost business enterprise must be higher than the percentage of investment in a high-cost enterprise.
  • Investment must be a legitimate, committed operating enterprise.
  • Investment may not be marginal and must produce substantially more income than just to provide a living to the investor and family, or must have significant economic impact in the U.S.
  • Investor must have control of the funds and investment must be at risk in a commercial sense.
  • Investor must be coming to the U.S. to develop and direct the enterprise. However, if the applicant is not the principal investor, he/she must be employed in a supervisory, executive, or highly specialized skill capacity.

Don’t forget that you will also need to register with your country’s U.S. Embassy to gain sponsorship before your E-2 visa application can be accepted. If your E-2 visa application is approved, you can expect it to last a minimum of three months with a maximum of five years. However, an E-2 visa can be renewed as many times as needed, allowing for a stay of indefinite duration in the United States.

Navigating the E-2 Visa Application Process

Applying for an E-2 visa can be a complex and confusing process, but at Kanu & Associates, P.C., we have the expertise to guide you through every step. Our team of immigration attorneys can help you understand the purpose and requirements of E-2 visas, assist with gathering the necessary documentation, and prepare a strong application to maximize your chances of approval.

When you choose our firm to represent you, you can expect:

  • Personalized attention and support throughout the entire application process
  • Thorough review of your investment and business plan to ensure eligibility
  • Expert guidance on meeting the specific requirements for E-2 visa approval
  • Preparation for the consular interview and assistance with any additional requests from USCIS

Don't navigate the E-2 visa application process alone. Contact Kanu & Associates, P.C. today to schedule a consultation with our experienced immigration attorneys.

How To Get A Green Card From A E-2 Visa

As a non-immigrant visa, the E2 does not allow for a direct conversion to a Green Card. However, there are ways to obtain a Green Card from an E2 Visa. First, you may apply for an EB5 Visa if you invest $1,000,000 in a commercial business or at least $500,000 in a high-unemployment location in the U.S. You may also obtain a Green Card by converting your E2 through a derivative petition or family petition.

If you have questions about your immigration status or need help converting your E2 Visa, speak with an experienced immigration lawyer in Phoenix at Kanu & Associates, P. C.. An attorney who specializes in immigration law can help you submit the appropriate documents and evidence needed to obtain a Green Card or investment visa.

Do you have more questions? Don’t wait to get legal help from our Arizona E-2 visa attorney. Call (602) 353-7795 now!

Contact Kanu & Associates, P.C. Today

At Kanu & Associates, P.C., we are immigrants first and lawyers second. With over two decades of experience and a history of success, when you hire our firm, you can rest easy knowing your case is in capable and competent hands.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy