Dedicated Immigration Attorneys

H1B Visa Attorney Serving Clients in Phoenix

What is a H1B Visa?

Individuals coming to the United States from a foreign country will pursue an H1B visa, which allows them to temporarily work in companies in the country specific to their field of specialty.

Under the H1B visa classification, foreign nationals are permitted to work in the United States for a certain amount of time, up to six years. There are some rare circumstances, however, where an employee can receive an extension beyond the six year max, such as if he or she is currently in the process of becoming a green card holder. It is issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in increments of up to three years.

What Are the Requirements for H1B Visas?

In order to qualify for an H1B visa, there are certain requirements that must be met. The foreign professional must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university.

Educational equivalence, however, can be obtained through:

  • Education
  • Specialized training
  • Progressive work experience

The foreign employee’s job will have to qualify as a specialty occupation and one of the following requirements will have to be met:

  • The job and employer normally requires a bachelor’s degree or higher
  • The degree requirement is common for this type of position
  • The specific duties is so specialized that knowledge equivalent to a bachelor’s degree is required

The H1B visa is only for use by the foreign national. His or her spouse and minor children can live in the United States in H-4 status, but they cannot work.

Can a H1B Visa holder Apply for Green Card?

Yes. If the foreign professional has a H1B Visa, the visa serves as a dual intent visa which means that they are eligible for permanent residency by applying for a green card.

Get Legal Help from the Immigration Attorneys

For further information on H1B visas, the United States Department of Labor is a source of current information on the H1B program. At Kanu & Associates, we can help you properly file for an H1B visa. We can help you begin your journey as a foreign worker. We can be the voice you need as you navigate the immigration system in the United States.

Just give our Phoenix immigration attorneys a call to day for answers to all of your questions today!

Why Choose Our Firm?

  • Se Habla Español

  • 15+ Years Of Experience

  • Complimentary Case Reviews

  • 1st Generation Immigrant

Contact Kanu & Associates, P.C. Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.