F-1 Student Visas in Phoenix
Obtain Legal Assistance from Our Phoenix Immigration Lawyer
Every year, many people enter the United States to obtain a higher education. To gain a student visa, a foreign individual must obtain proper authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). However, this process can be quite complicated, which is why you may need the legal help of an experienced immigration lawyer.
At Kanu & Associates, P.C., we provide comprehensive assistance to individuals who are pursuing their educational goals in the U.S. The immigrants’ attorney has a thorough understanding of federal immigration laws to successfully navigate through the complexities of your application process.
Requirements for an F-1 Student Visa
The F-1 visa enables foreign nationals to pursue a full course of academic study at a school approved by the Attorney General for non-immigrant students. In order to obtain an F-1 visa, a prospective student needs to apply initially to a school and be admitted. Then, the admitting school will provide an I-20 form which the student must present at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad.
Requirements for an F-1 student visa includes the following:
- Student must be enrolled in an academic education program and not a vocational program
- Educational institution must be approved by USCIS
- Student needs to have full-time academic obligations at the educational institution
- Student needs to be proficient in English or be enrolled in courses that result in proficiency
- Student must have sufficient monetary funds for self-support
- Student must maintain a residence abroad without any intention of giving it up
- Student must show that they have a legitimate obligation to go back to their home country by providing proof of ties back home, including a letter of future employment or proof of assets
Accomplish Your Educational Goals with Our Help Today
It is our mission to give you an opportunity to obtain a higher education in the United States. Our Phoenix immigration attorney will guide you through every step of the way, so do not hesitate to get started immediately.
Contact us and schedule an appointment today.