One of the most common questions Phoenix immigration lawyers are asked is how parents can obtainpermanent residency status if their children are over the age of 21 and have U.S. citizenship. There are actually three ways that family immigration can be achieved in this situation. Parents may be able to apply for an adjustment of status to permanent residency if they entered the U.S. with a tourist visa, if they have protection of 245(i), or if they entered the U.S. through the special agricultural worker program.

There are rules that apply to each of these methods, as you’ll learn by watching this video. The immigration lawyer interviewed in this video explains these rules and urges viewers to speak with an attorney before applying for an adjustment of status. This is because immigration law is highly complex and issues of inadmissibility may arise.

Related Posts
  • Answers to Green Card FAQs Read More
  • Biden Reverses Trump-Era Freeze on Green Cards Read More
  • President Biden Aims to Help Dreamers Read More